One of the most asked questions we get from Xbox gamers is that how they can connect their Xbox gaming console with a monitor. Is this even possible or are we dreaming? Of course not, totally possible in every aspect. Well, the question is how? Let me explain this in detail.
Which Monitor is compatible with Xbox?
The very first thing is to have a good compatible monitor that can work fine with xbox and you will be good to go. HDMI is one of the most important thing while looking for a monitor for your gaming console, no doubt almost every second monitor is coming up the HDMI port so there is no such thing of incompatible.
Just look for a monitor that is having at least one HDMI port and you are good to go. Lastly about monitors, it is not all about HDMI but the resolution as well. Of course, you will be needing a display monitor which resolution is fine enough to fulfill your gaming needs otherwise it’s a waste. So, look for the one that has the most suitable resolution which fits best to your requirements. It can be a 4K UHD monitor or a 1080p all depends upon your budget and gaming needs.
The other thing you can do is to going for HDMI display adaptors or convertors if you are having a monitor that doesn’t come with HDMI. Converters are a good option to go with when you are out of option and don’t want to spend on a new display but the thing is converters doesn’t perform as the original thing could have or they can get damaged. So, choose wisely.
Still Having confusion? Head to our homepage to see the best monitor reviews.
You can look for some of the best converters that are available in the market from here.
Now come to another important thing while considering a display for xbox and you guessed it right, its sound. Many monitors in the market doesn’t come with audio functionality or good audio quality. So, it is suggested to carefully look for the one which comes with good audio quality and your gaming craving will be fulfilled for sure. Many of your will ask, what’s the alternate? Well, we got you guys. You can use external speakers by connecting them directly with the xbox one and it is super easy to do so.
If you are having a monitor that does not come with good audio quality or no quality at all, you can use external speakers and it will be a good option as an alternative.
Come to the main topic with wasting further time, how one can connect their Xbox with a monitor? Here’s a detailed guide is given below.
How to Connect Xbox to Monitor
- In order to connect your xbox one with monitor or lcd display, you will have to unbox the HDMI cable that comes with your console for free. Connect it with your monitor or TV that has a HDMI port already built in and the other end to your xbox one HDMI out port.
- Well, these were the simplest steps to get start with. After this monitors should start working immediately and start showing the display options or menu. What if It does not start working or showing display? You might have to set it manually, refer to the manual guide that comes with the monitor or television and they got it covered with the exact thing.
- Many monitors are complicated to setup and yours might be the one, but nothing to worry about. If you are having a 4k monitor and it is not connecting or giving output. Go to settings menu on your console and you will have to set it up manually. How to do that? Press the button that is glowing (Xbox logo) and that will open up the guide.
- Now, go to settings panel and select all settings.
- After that, select display and sound from the menu that is given on the left side of the display.
- Well, now this is where you will have to select the resolution that you need from the monitor including the refresh rate options as well.
- Set the appropriate resolution and refresh rate and here you go!
We are hoping that you liked our guide and we will continue to create such guides for our viewers. Do you find it useful? We are glad to have you on board.